Posts Tagged tofu
Besides meat and eggs, I try to maintain my protein intake by eating tofu at least twice a week. However I am short on new tofu recipes, but this one is an all time staple and seldom a failure.
You will need:
1) 1 pack of extra firm cubed tofu (if you buy uncubed, cube them into 0.5 inch cubes)
2) 1 cup of mixed vegetables of broccoli, beans, snow peas, carrots, bell pepper
3) 1 pack of schezwan sauce mix
4) 2 tbsp of soy sauce
5) 1/4 cup water
6) 1/2 tsp of sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
1) In a bowl, mix items 3 – 6 and set aside (The sauce mix has corn-starch, hence no need to add any starch separately)
2) In a wide skillet, add 2 tbsp of oil, and lay out the cubes of tofu in a single layer and brown the sides for about 2-3 mins each side on medium flame. Set aside
3) Add 2 tbsp of oil, turn up the heat, add all the mixed vegetables, and saute them for 4-7 mins on medium -high heat until they are crunchy and almost 3/4 cooked
4) Now add the sauce mix, the fried tofu, gently mix it all together and simmer for 5 to 7 mins until the sauce thickens. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.